View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
To be quite serious, I don't think you see the forest through the trees.

Obama has set higher standards for appointments than any recent President, if perhaps any in modern history.

The vast majority have been of top quality and had no issues. Yes, there have been a few high profile candidates with issues, who have been turned away or deemed worthy enough to be confirmed by the Senate in bi-partisan votes.

Does this make Daschle a hypocrite? Yes, it certian't has the potential to...but that doesn't make Obama one. In fact it's the standards by which Daschle is being measured that reflect more on Obama in a positive light.

I think when you actually look at the makeup of his Cabinet it's quite impressive regardless of where you stand.

This assumes you've actually taken a look, and not just read some liberal media hit piece.

-spence
Spence, with all due respect, Obama is going to be scrutinized far more than any President in history. Shame on him for not having better information (which surely is available to him) and acting on it to prevent something like this. When I hire people to be managers, I tell them that I'm going to do a thorough background check including criminal history and credit check. Then, I ask them if there's anything they would like to tell me about before going forward. I doubt that Daschle was unaware of his little tax snafu. And as far as "the vast majority" of his Cabinet having no issues, please don't try to spin it like it's o.k. that some selections have serious issues. In this day and age, EVERY SINGLE ONE must be clean as a whistle. Obama is judged on the company he keeps, so he better do a better job of screening his potential Cabinet members.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio