View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But when Obama stated he was Christian a huge % of the teabaggers doubted him. To this day the Repub. leaderships says garbage like "if he says he's a Christian I have no reason to not believe him"
Paul, there is a huge difference, unless I am missing something...

Rubio claims to be Catholic. I have no direct knowledge of anything Rubio has done to refute his claim.

Obama claims to be Christian. I do, however, have tons of evidence to refute his claim, and here it is. For 20 years, Obama listened to Rev Wright preach NOT Christianity, but something called Black Liberation Theology. Where Christianity is based on love and charity, BLT is based on hate, lies, and racism (for example, suggesting that the US Govt invented AIDS to eradicate blacks). Obama sat in Wright's church for 20 years, Obama called Wright his spiritual advisor, Wright married the Obamas and baptized both of Obama's girls. That's a very close, intimate relationship. Obama stuck by Wright until it was politically necessary to throw him under the bus. All facts.

Obama can claim to be Christian. I can claim to look like Brad Pitt, but alas, my claiming such does not make it so.

If there is compelling evidence that Rubio isn't Catholic, I'm willing to listen...

Spence, of course, suggests that conservatives doubt Obama's Christianity because his middle name is Hussein. As usual, Spence ignores the facts that make Obama look awful, and instead he demonizes the opposition by calling us bigots. I don't care what Obama's middle name is. If Obama's spiritual advisor, for his entire adult life, was a guy who peddles in hate, don't tell me you're a Christian unless you completely renounce everything you heard for the last 20 years, and Obama hasn't done that.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-28-2012 at 01:31 PM..