View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #27
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
here is the Rub.....The Gas tax is, according to the reports, to be used to pay for the Big Pig...er I mean Dig and for the MBTA Debt.

I don't live in Boston, I don't work in Boston or the Surrounding Communities.....So why do I have to pay for something I don't use.

If you want me to help pay then why not just increase tolls and Fares.....that way the people using these systems will be paying for them, and If I have to use one of them then I will be paying my Fair share..... Is it fair for people in Western MA to be paying for the Big Dig, a lot of them have never even seen it or for the "T" when they don't use it.
You are on a slippery slope TDF. Is it fair for me to have tax dollars go to public schools if I don't intend on sending my children to them? Is it fair that my tax dollars go to social programs that I not only don't believe in, but am disgusted by? Is it fair some of my tax dollars go to a monument or park in another corner of the state? The bottom line is these pigs want ALL your money and they want you to STFU. Even in the arguably the worst economic crisis in our countries history, these scumbags are lined up with their hands out trying to get some table scraps for their pet projects and special interests. It is sickening.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan