View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 10:29 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the commies here

there it is more ultra MAGA rhetoric

jim the only one acting like a commie here is you ... suggesting people prove their innocence or their statements are true ... Because you disagree with their political position or you have a feeling

So whats your feeling about George Santos

there's more than enough researched fact checked information and his own words to draw an educated decision .

Jim the i can hold both sides to the same standard.

is nonsense your idea of standards a lie is a lie ...

there's no nuance there no objectivity no propositionality no context in that logic
"jim the only one acting like a commie here is you ... suggesting people prove their innocence or their statements are true"

So you just take my word for everything I post? You have never asked me to source anything? I forgot, it's OK when you do it, because you're a democrat.

"So whats your feeling about George Santos "

I've said it ten times, but here goes...I think he's unfit to serve based on the lies we know he told (many have been proven lies). Unlike you, I can hold both sides to the same standard. You'd only disqualify Republicans who lie about their background to get elected, you've demonstrated here that you don't care when democrats do it.

I never said every lie is the same, I agree some are worse than others. But Biden lying about getting arrested with Nelson Mandela and about participating in civil rights marches (I think?), and Blumenthal lying about serving in Vietnam...those seem at least as bad as Santos lying about what school he graduated from or where he worked previously.

How can you claim that Blumenthal's lie isn't as bad as what Santos said? By what logic could you claim that? Unless I'm not aware of the nature of Santos' lies? He lied about where he went to school, about being Jewish, about where he worked?

Lying to get elected, should be a crime. Some kind of fraud. I think Santos should be kicked out and do a month or 2 in prison. Same with democrats who do it.

I sit really so much to ask, that we apply the standards regardless of party? You can't do it, not on any one issue. You are constantly flip flopping.