View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 09:41 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Nah . . . I'll leave it up to you to show whose interests they serve. That sort of stuff is your bag. I may or may not comment on what you have to say about it.

I have consistently, first and foremost, been concerned on this forum about the erosion of the Constitution as the guiding principle of government in our country. The vast residuum of rights reserved to the people that Madison referred to, via the Constitution, even before the Bill of Rights was written, has effectively been erased or become dependent on the whim or desires of Progressive judicial "interpretation." Even, now, most of the "rights" in the Bill of Rights have been surrendered to that Progressive "interpretation." And the final surrender will be the First and Second Amendments. Those two lynchpins of American freedom are the ultimate prize to be captured and "interpreted" into whatever form, or existence, the federal government will allow.

On a basic level now, Federal "deep state" regulatory agencies, as the Twitter Files release is showing, are effectively curtailing First Amendment rights. And if we The People ignore, thus tacitly or willfully allow this to continue, it may eventually become in some future Supreme Court case a recognized fait accompli de jure, by a majority of Progressive SCOTUS Judges "interpretation."

In any case, it is de facto occurring now.

And I suspect you will be fine with all that.
I see Stable Genius’s are taking action

The Albuquerque Police Department has arrested Solomon Pena, an unsuccessful Republican candidate for the House District 14 seat in the South Valley, in connection with the shootings at local Democratic politicians’ homes, the police chief announced Monday afternoon.

“Pena, an unsuccessful legislative candidate in the 2022 election, is accused of conspiring with, and paying four other men to shoot at the homes of two county commissioners and two state legislators,” Chief Harold Medina said.

APD had been investigating six shootings from Dec. 4 through Jan. 5 where bullets were fired into Democratic elected officials homes or near others offices.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-16-2023 at 10:17 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin