View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 07:56 PM   #30
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
I'm younger than u old farts and agree and can relate with most of it. Me and my three siblings were so dumb we actually made a 2 foot spanking stick complete with hanging cord with perfectly sanded edges for her not to beat us with, but to disciple us with out hurting her hand. Then we made
Her. 3 ft version for the car so she could turn around and wack us without stopping the car. Dad's hands like tough baseball gloves so he didn't need.
We have been raising our 12 yr old
Nephew for Past 8 years
As legal guardians in addition
To our 3. Behavior was getting out of control and would always say we can't touch him or he call police. Well he refused to go to school and took off on his bike. We called police and after dark they picked him up down other end of town. police officer stood here in our driveway and explained to him that we certainly could slap/ spank/ discipline him. In fact with the way he was acting and talking to all of us we were more than legally Justified to slap him right in front of police officer and there was nothing he would or could do. Officer explained to him how it was for him and that he should be grateful for us raising him instead of what his situation would and could be.
He has sang a different tune since.
Gonna sit down down with my 9 yr old right now and order him a new high quality pocket knife with his own money that he has earned comin to work with me for the past few weekends on all kinds of different jobs. He has learned new skills and quickly understood the value of hard earned money already.
Raise em right
Hoorah
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote