Old 01-29-2023, 09:29 AM   #15
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
not going to start

But covid really did mess up alot of good& descent kids

F uck the rest . this world is really messed up

I,m thankful for being born when I did & the neighborhood where I grew up ;

The one think that I truly believe messed up alot of kids/ people back in the day was the B/S with the priests an worse yet was if ya got a double header an went to school with the nuns of no mercy ...................... fuc k in B?S teaching ...........F E A R
Same here Clammer......my wife and I grew up poor (today its called "economically disadvantaged" .... I in the inner city with people of all different colors and nationalities....our parents struggled just to keep us fed and a roof over our heads..... mine had eight of us and that alone is learning experience that I am so thankful for. We were expected to get jobs even before turning 16! You want a car....you work and pay for all of it......insurance, gas, repairs etc. and any other personal expenses. And as far as sending us to college....no way they could afford it. A lot of kids went to college ....wasted their time.... delayed becoming real adults
Years before computer games and cell phones came around we made are own games and toys and played outside....A LOT. I see so many young guys still playing computer games long after they should have grown up and developed real skills.

We are thankful now looking back at how we were raised to be self sufficient....taking nothing for granted. I built my own house with my own two hands at age 21.

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote