View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sorry, never a union member.
But have worked with some great union guys.
Unions aren't that scary.
"Are all workers lazy if they are union members? "

Hearing voices again, I see. I also worked with union workers who were tireless heroes. But when you pay the worst teacher the same as the best teacher, every honest person knows what happens in the end. Then, with public unions, you have the insurmountable conflict interest that arises when the unions give big $$ to elect democrats, who then decide how much money to give to the unions they are beholden to. Again, it's easy to predict what happens there.

Pete, the principal asked us to look in the hallway for a couple of minutes to help keep kids safe, and the union forbid us to do it. If that's OK with you, good for you.

Pete, I have worked in an office and managed a team of as many as 8 actuaries. I was good at it, but now with kids I want to be done for the day at 5:00 every day.

"8 guys, so you were kinda like a foreman?"

I don't know what I was kinda like in your bizarre world, only what I actually was in my world.

"Unions aren't that scary."

Again, hearing whose voices. Not scary. But in the public sphere, they are deeply corrupt, and horribly expensive and inefficient.