View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 12:16 PM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sorry, I’ve managed union work in construction.

Union shop, you need to talk to the reps about what you’d like them to do. Common goals work.

That’s the difference between manager and master.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
no, the difference3 is between non union ( hold me accountable for what I do), and union (give me a raise and benefits regardless of whether I work hard or slack.

Pete, I have worked in an office and managed a team of as many as 8 actuaries. I was good at it, but now with kids I want to be done for the day at 5:00 every day.

Unlike you, I also know how to discuss things without getting ignored from people as rational as Bryan and not get banned from starting threads. I've never believed that the total measure of a man is how high he is on the company org chart. You obviously feel differently. That mindset shows in the angry, pathetic, warped nature of your posts. And you inability to ever admit that anyone to the right of Pol Pot has ever been right about anything on this forum.

I'm going to retire with a nest egg that will allow my wife and I to live on the interest, and leave every cent of principal for our kids. That's my goal. Having done what we need to do to achieve that, why would I want to work any longer hours than I have to? It's a flaw to take my kids off the school bus? id rather play catch with my kids until dark than work. Id rather coach little league than miss half the games. Read into that whatever you want.

Shock you're a union guy. We're all shocked.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-04-2021 at 12:27 PM..