View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 11:58 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It’s simple and perfect if you seem to have low taxes?

ITEP figures analyzed by the West Virginia Center on Budget and Policy show that prime-age employment — job opportunities for those between the ages of 24 and 55 — has grown at a more rapid clip in the nine states with the highest income taxes over the past decade than the nine states with no income tax.

Florida relies on sales taxes and has the 24th most affordable combined state and average local sales tax rate in the nation, while its property taxes are above the national average, according to the Tax Foundation. Tennessee has the highest average combined sales and local tax rates in the country, at 9.55 percent.

Homeowners in New Hampshire end up paying the third-highest property tax rate in the country (1.89 percent), the Tax Foundation’s estimates found, while Texas isn’t far behind at 1.6 percent. New Hampshire derives 63.8 percent of its revenue from property tax money, the most of any U.S. state.

Cost of living is also a prominent factor. Florida, Washington, Nevada, Washington and New Hampshire were among the 20 most expensive states to live in, according to 2021 data compiled by the Council for Community & Economic Research, which takes into account grocery, transportation, health and housing costs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i didn’t say low taxes are perfect ( though it is simple), and i very specifically said there are many many places in the deep south where you couldnt pay me to live.

i’m sorry if that’s going too fast for you.

I’ve asked guy this specific question many times, and you always run away and hide.

Please name some nice, thriving suburbs in blue states that have super low taxes.

I’ll wait. Now you go run away and hide.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device