Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 09:05 AM   #59
Linesider82

Project Update

Last week Thursday and Friday we had snow and rain. I was feeling a bit disconnected not getting in the boat for several days. Took the cover off Saturday morning and evidently where the canvas cover was touching the corners of the hardtop allowed water to come in and filled up my socket wrench kit and made enough of a mess that it took about an hour just to dry everything out. I got to sanding to prep for paint on the dash, grabbed an old poly resin in the basement I use for filling holes in plugs and put a circle of that on a piece of plastic. Went to knead the hardener and the toothpaste like tube exploded blue hardener all over me, the console, the deck. Cleaned that up, put the hardener in (way too much) mixed it and filled the holes I wanted to and it set up in about 3 min.

dash-taped.jpg
At this point I really didn't care if it was a bit bumpy, scuffed it up and taped it off for paint.

flat-black.jpg
I opted for the quick dry Moller paint, and did 3 coats to the dash area and the upper keeper. It's a bit more grey than black but it serves its purpose of hiding the white drill holes that the panels don't cover.

Helm-Pad.jpg
36"x14" helm pad. I had this made from Mariners Warehouse down in FLA for a bit of OEM feel. I ordered it online, uploaded a Maritime logo and within minutes of the order going through the owner called me and suggested a different color combination because the logo would show better and he said it cleans up nice after fishing. The custom pad was about $5 cheaper than getting a seadek pad.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote