Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 04:10 AM   #32
Linesider82

I have a question for you all, I need some type of adhesive to mount no drill zip tie holders to the underside of my leaning post. not epoxy hard, and not so soft like marine goop, something in-between I want it to flex a bit? The leaning post is out of the boat so any position and weight can be added to help adhesion. I used something about 10 years ago doing a "hull saver, transducer mount" and the material wasn't specified http://sternsaver.com/ but basically set in 1 min and the bond was and still is unreal. but that was a very rigid piece of the boat w/o flex. OR, if you know of some screws that can hold in very thin fiberglass without poking thru the other side, OR super small pan heads and hardware that do I'm all ears. The intent here is to secure wiring under the leaning post I have which is an aggressive area in regards to how things are stored in a boat.

If anyone buys a new hull in the future the stern saver is the way to go. don't poke holes in the boat.

Last edited by Linesider82; 04-02-2021 at 04:21 AM.. Reason: added link to stern saver, same company diff material
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote