View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 01:48 AM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Of course you calling people names is quite correct in your own mind so you produced this statement.

“ The Chi-coms, Stalinist Supreme Soviet, and, dare I say, the Nazis had very ordered governance.

Well, those were their real names, not pejorative labels-- Chinese Communists (Chi-coms--shortened version), Stalinist Supreme Soviet, and Nazis. What else should I have called them?

Turbulence in our House of Representatives can be far more beneficial for keeping our Federal Government in check against being a well ordered cabal lead by the false authoritarian promise of taking care of the people.”

This was a parallel construction sort of in your style as a counterpoint mimicking your post that I responded to.

That’s the logical end point of a person in a party that has descended into mindless demonization—of Democrats, of immigrants, of the 'deep state,' of the FBI, of the medical profession, of the 'woke' military—and now of one another.

Ah yes, the canard that it was "demonization" and so adroitly magnified with the snobby addition of "mindless." Well done.

Claiming that this is how the House works is the end result of what happened to the four GOP US House speakers in modern times…#^&
Newt Gingrich quit in frustration in ’98
Denny Hastert served 8 years (later convicted of finance and sex crimes)
John Boehner quit in frustration in ’15
Paul Ryan quit in frustration in ’18

This is systemic for the failed Republican Party, not McCarthy’s personal problem.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes . . . yes . . . all very, very sad. Time for a change. Move on from Democrat lite to an actual constitutional party.