Thread: Debate
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 07:31 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I reluctantly started to watch the debate. I despise these debate shows even more than state of the union shows. A few minutes in, I realized my mistake, tuned it out, and went on to more productive activity.

I admit that what little I saw didn't make Trump look good. But he didn't look good in his debates with Republican candidates or with HRC. But neither did they. At least uncle Joe didn't look bad. But it was living down to my expectations, and I just couldn't take anymore.

I looked at some of the comments and clips later, and saw the "stand back and stand by" remark, which I suppose you're referring to. I have no idea what he meant by it. I assume the "stand back" meant don't do the violence and disruption. The "stand by," I have no idea.

GS is right. It won't change my vote. Both of them remained who I thought they were. Didn't expect any different. It's not about them, for me. And the questions that I heard didn't touch any of my major concerns. But I admit that I didn't stay with it long enough to hear that many questions.
I assumed you wouldn’t understand the Proud Boys order, but they did

Proud Boys in social media groups are going wild about the "Stand back and stand by" comment. They are basically seeing it as acknowledgment and a call to arms.
It’s now incorporated into their logo
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin