View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 01:13 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Which proves my point. That the opportunities are much much better for the educated in the blues states. If you wanted to succeed you needed to be in the blue states which taxed their residents and used the $ for schools/infrastructure, etc. That was reflected in the much much higher GDP per capita. Tech (WFH) may help the red states somewhat but they still will have a lot of shortcomings due to not having the $ to improve things (although the richer blue cites/counties will be better off than the red counties).
"opportunities are much much better for the educated in the blues states"

Tell that to everyone working in Atlanta and Charlotte NC.

Paul, there are places in red states where I'd NEVER want to live. But there are also places in red states that are very cheap and have a high quality of life. There are exactly zero places in blue states (that I know of) which are very cheap and offer a good quality of life for normal families.

Can you name one nice suburb in a liberal state, which has super low taxes and yet offers a high quality of life? Places like Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Dallas, etc??? I don't know of one single such place. Can you name any?

Historically, large companies had reasons to locate in big cities, which tend to be liberal. Nowadays, people and companies are making different choices.