View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're an actuary. There is a pretty good correlation between the states that have higher taxes and better education systems, where the people seem to live longer and now we know have a better chance of success.

You're a one trick pony - you only care about lower taxes. It benefits you bc you make enough that you can make up for the crappy schools, etc. in those red states where the better off have no empathy or compassion for those people who aren't as well off.
paul there are beautiful suburbs in NH ( Hollis, Brookline, Bedford, Amherst, Bow) where they can’t build $600,000 houses fast enough, with the best public schools in the state.

NH has no income tax, no sales tax. Over 40 years, that’s over 200k in savings to many families. in my case it’s probably close to 300k.

What am i getting in CT, that i wouldn’t get if i lived in NH? What’s the state of CT doing for me that’s worth $300k more than what is get i. NH?

The university of NH is cheaper than UCONN as well.

Please tell me what i’m getting for all that extra cost? Because i can’t think of anything.

Many people are coming to the same realization.

You think social services are well
funded in. CT? ask someone who works for DCF how much their funding has been cut.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device