View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 04:48 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
McConnell signals support for anti-Asian American hate crime bill. “As a husband of an Asian-American woman, I think discrimination against Asian Americans is a real problem.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Ahhh . . . the grand "solution" for society's ills that our self-serving political class bestows on us . . . a bill . . . that made me laugh. It's good enough, of course, that he "signals support" for it. He's established his creds, regardless of the outcome.

The outcome, of course, will be that the "discrimination" against Asian Americans will cease with this bill. (Although, I thought that the problem was rising "violence" against Asians, not merely "discrimination.") But this bill will surely fix it (whatever the "it" is here). Just as hate crime bills have stamped out hate . . . as laws have stamped out violence and murder and theft. Of course, none of those previous bills were good enough to protect Asians. A bill specifically for Asians was necessary.

But the mantra, I thought, was the problem of "white supremacist" violence against Asians. Shouldn't the bill be aimed at white supremacists? There doesn't seem to be an outcry from leftists about Black violence against Asians, even though there is more of that than there is white violence against Asians. We're told by leftists that white supremacists are the problem. Even though many Asians, as noted by the Asians posted on this thread, claim otherwise.

Politics, from all sides, as usual. Our problem is that we don't have enough bills. The politicians, eventually, will get it right. Right?

Last edited by detbuch; 04-16-2021 at 05:30 PM..