Thread: Epoxy?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #9
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GattaFish View Post
Saw all kinds except envirotex but I will look again,,,, What do you mean by the learning curve,,,,, equal parts? Time to Mix? Time to Harden?

Or is it just a pain to work with,,,,
I think System Three Clear Coat is meant to be mixed in larger amounts than the few oz I mix for a few plugs at a time. It is very sensitive to mixing errors, and when I first started using it I had many disasters (sticky, lumpy, or crazing/pitting after water exposure). The steps above eliminated them for me, but I've got loads of ugly plugs to show for it. For some reason I started having many fewer disasters after I started adding the resin to the hardener, rather than vice versa. I suspect it mixes better that way (and I think I read something about this in their product info "epoxy book"). Also, I wouldn't think of using it without a scale to get exact mixes (I tried syringes and measuring spoons to no avail). Keep in mind this is only my experience, perhaps others have had better luck, but nothing I've ever done in plug building was as difficult as getting that stuff to work.

If you are looking for Enviortex Lite, I think the craft places like Michaels carry it.

Last edited by numbskull; 09-29-2007 at 05:47 PM..
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote