Thread: navy seals
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The actual security situation doesn't seem to have been reported. I might guess that they were trying to keep a low profile...

-spence
Spence, the State Department lost track of the ambassador to Libya for 8 hours. Sort of implies that there wasn't a ton of security.

I don't like Monday-morning quarterbacking, nor am I a fan of thoughtless, automatic defenses of the current administration.

Obama and Clinton have tried, for almost 4 years, a much softer tone in the Middle East. It. Has. Not. Worked.

If we have embassies in these countries, you need a full barrack of Marines like we had in Beirut. Obviously, even that isn't a guarantee of safety.

Obama thought he could go to Cairo in 2009, apologize for all of our faults, stop using the phrase "war on terror", give a greeting in the Islamic tongue, and make these people hate us less. That's inarguably what he thought. This is what you get from a clueless ideologue who just doesn't get real life. There are ideas that sound swell in the Harvard faculty room, that just don't work in the real world. Maybe we should think about electing a president who has both vision and an understanding of reality.

Obama is not responsible for the jihad. But in my opinion, he needs to acquire a better appreciation for what kind of threat it really is, and a better appreciation of how fanatical and dangerous the jihadists are.

Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Obama, it's time to wake up and smell the global jihad | Fox News