View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
Saltheart

Moroney fumbling the ball turned the tide for the colts but we still should have won.

It takes a lot more time or way more risky passes to move the ball 80 yards instead of 30. If we punted we may have even gotten inside the twenty yard line so maybe more than 80 yrads with 2 min and a timeout. It wasn't like the sudden death field goal situation , they needed a TD .

I also wondered about the button hook pattern being so shallow. That kind of pass is almost indefenseable but should be like 5 to 8 yards past the line of scrimmage , not 2 , right at the first down line.

Nobody will convince me that it was anything but the worse call possible. If I'm on the defensive squad , I have to think that its a slap in the face that the coach just doesn't think they are any good. So in addition to the lose of the game the D takes a big confidents hit.

Do I want to fire him??? Of course not. Nobody said he wasn't the best coach out there. He just blew that call and he blew it real badly! Brady deserved that win. Bill took it away from him , not Manning!

Its been exciting football this year though. Each game almost anything can happen instead of a nearly sure win like in 2007. Very exciting for the fans when each game is a real contest.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote