View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 11:32 AM   #160
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I don't consider homosexual to be derogatory. Why should it be, if its just a harmless matter of sexual choice?

See Jim that’s the problem it’s not about what you consider to be derogatory or offensive.

whether it’s derogatory or not, can only be decided by the person it’s being used against or towards

Not the speaker determination, that it’s not derogatory

I’ll give you an example my wife was trying to remember a girl she worked with temporarily on the floor with the oncoming nurse who’s black she couldn’t remember the girls name but she knew the girl was black but my wife referred to her as colored .

And the black nurse who is relieving her tore, her new one for using the term colored, basically telling her refer to her is black it’s offensive the color colored

If my wife’s mistake was unconscious one, and a lesson was learned

but there are people who use terms to incite intimidate, or embarrass others. It happened here a few days ago.

forced to bake queers cakes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
We know you don't consider homosexuality to be derogatory. I also don't consider homosexual to be derogatory (I was in favor of gay marriage when Obama was against it, Hilary was against it, and when the state of CA of all places voted against it). But the left has also used Lindsay Graham's rumored homosexuality as a club against him repeatedly. I didn't use anyones sexuality against them. In a poorly worded joke, I accused Paul of doing that, even though I also know he didn't mean it that way.

Very funny what you say about "colored". I have a white coworker who found someone else's car keys in our office kitchen, and he knew that a black woman had just been in there. He gave the keys to the secretary, and said "I think that colored girl left these in the break room".

The guy was obviously just trying to help. He's an older guy, in his late 60's, and that was the terminology he grew up with. They made him go to sensitivity training, poor guy.

Not everyone has skin as thick as yours is!