View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
First off, a huge thank you to both your son, and his family (you). Without their sacrifice, supporting these operators just doesn't get done. Couldn't be happier to hear this Joe. I know it is a BIG pin for those in that small crew of elite warriors. It speaks volumes of a man within the Teams. I also know how the family can do nothing but pray, trust, and worry when you don't hear and don't know....but that not hearing means you do know...
Thanks everyone... I consider this group of fine human beings an extension of my family..there isnt a one of you I wouldn't do anything for...I'll post pictures in this thread when I go to the ceremony ..

Ross.. you hit it on the head... it's huge for him.. he told me 3 or 4 years ago it was a goal of his... when he asked me if I could make it to Andrews...my first thought in that instant was he was injured and I was going to have to bring him home to live with me for awhile when he got out of the hospital... the relief i felt was over whelming... to the point where I didn't even go fishing.. I was shaking uncontrolably... my neck and back muscles tightened into a knot... I've competed several Iron man competitions... my heart never beat that hard ... I called my wife.. told her the news and that I would be home in 30 minutes...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote