View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 08:42 AM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
paul, that then means your side is responsible for the targeting of kavanaugh, shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game, and the countless ambushes of cops since democrats determined they could win elections by falsely portraying them
as racist assassins

I agree 100% that we would all benefit from turning the temperature down. But cut the crap that it’s anywhere near one sided.

Stacey Abrams said in a debate this week that all the sheriffs in GA are “good ole boys” who target blacks. Because they endorsed her opponent.

Chuck Schumer specifically called out Kavanaugh by name, and threatened him. Very shortly after,,a lunatic showed up to assassinate him at home. But that’s not worth mentioning. It’s only problematic when republicans do it?
the targeting of kavanaugh, shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game, and the countless ambushes of cops since democrats determined they could win elections by falsely portraying them
as racist assassins

you live in a fantasy and are in complete denial that your parties Rhetoric is part of their Daily message year after year..

then try to tie together incidents that happened years apart and think you are showing causation

the right has weak hand on the kavanaugh being targeted By Dems

now protesters are threats and of course 911 records show man accused in plot to kill Kavanaugh called police on himself

On wednesday “I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions,” Schumer said, turning to look at the Supreme Court building.

on thursday “I should not have used the words I used,” he said. “They didn’t come out the way I intended,” he explained, and added “my point was that there would be political consequences for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices stripped away at a woman’s right to choose.”

“I shouldn’t have used the words I did, but in no way was I making a threat, I never, never would do such a thing.”
then he issued an apology

shooting of republicans at the congressional baseball game

On June 14, 2017, a mass shooting occurred during a practice session for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity in Alexandria, Virginia, where six people were shot, including U.S. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, U.S. Capitol police officer Crystal Griner, congressional aide Zack Barth, and lobbyist Matt Mika, by 66-year-old James Hodgkinson. A ten-minute shootout took place between Hodgkinson and officers from the Capitol and Alexandria Police before officers shot Hodgkinson, who died from his wounds later that day at the George Washington University Hospital.[7][8] Scalise and Mika were taken to nearby hospitals where they underwent surgery.[9]

Hodgkinson was a left-wing political activist[10][11] from Belleville, Illinois, The Virginia Attorney General concluded Hodgkinson's attack was "an act of terrorism... fueled by rage against Republican legislators".[12] Scalise was the first sitting member of Congress to have been shot since Arizona Representative Gabby Giffords was shot in 2011.[13]

In a 2021 report, the FBI classified the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism, and the perpetrator of the shooting as a "domestic violent extremist" with a "personalized violent ideology.

again Jim where the violent rhetoric from the Dems its not here

I am Guessing you forgo

tOn January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabby Giffords and 18 others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people were killed, including federal District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Giffords's staffers; and a 9-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green.[7][8][9][10][11] Giffords was holding the meeting, called "Congress on Your Corner", in the parking lot of a Safeway store when Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head before proceeding to fire on other people.[8][9]

Guess what we find right wing rhetoric
Following the shooting, American and international politicians expressed grief and condemnations. Gun control advocates pushed for increased restrictions on the sale of firearms and ammunition, specifically high-capacity magazines.[18] Some commentators criticized the use of harsh political rhetoric in the United States, with a number blaming the political right wing for the shooting. In particular, Sarah Palin was criticized for a poster by her political action committee that featured stylized crosshairs on an electoral map which included Giffords. Palin rejected claims that she bore any responsibility for the shooting.

Giffords on Palin's Crosshairs Map: "There Are Consequences to That Action" Gabrielle Giffords Warned of the Dangers of Palin's Crosshairs Map
Months before she was shot by a crazed gunman, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords warned of the dangers of Sarah Palin's rhetoric.

And another of Jim and his Right wing media biggest lie

the countless ambushes of cops which I have show via data from actual police sites which clearly show it doesn't exist

and also in Jim myopic view of the world police accountability By anyone is violent rhetoric toward police .. who should never be questioned ..