View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 12:13 AM   #113
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You could be all set with the government of your dreams in Hungary, Poland or Turkey
Good strong leaders not putting up with all the globalist baloney.
Remember this statement “I thought Orban was fulfilling the wishes of the majority of the Hungarian people. He was duly elected wasn't he? What is the undemocratic power that he has developed? Is hungry no longer a democracy?”

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Again, with your lies. The only government of my dreams at this point is the one created by our Founders. Never said that Hungary, Poland, or Turkey had the government of my dreams.

My question re Orban was sarcastic. Constantly referring to "our democracy" rather than our Republic is a small piece of the way our system of government is transformed. We are not a democracy. Although, we are trending more and more to be one. The notion is certainly implanted in our brains by our ruling class politicians who really don't like our republican form of democratic constitutionalism. It's one of the plethora of verbal tricks and redefinitions our Progressive ruling class foists on us to help ease the mental transition to an administrative form of government.

So, yes Hungary is a "democracy," not necessarily in the mode that the EU would like, but one, nonetheless, where elections are held to determine the government leaders. There may be, however, various forms of rigging, which democracies are prone to, and which occur in the U.S. and it's various states. So there's your precious "democracy." As we become more and more of one, not constrained by constitutional checks and balance (you know--like how Progressive government theory detests the notion that government can be checked) we can expect things like Orban. I know you think Trump is an American version of Orban, or Hitler, but that's a stretch. Being nationalistic is not being dictatorial. And it wasn't Trump who shut the country down a la Orban. That was not his wish. He worked to open up the economy which frees up our individual initiatives. It's the left who demanded and keeps demanding shutdowns, lockdowns, bans on individual and even group behavior, who can stay in business and who goes bankrupt. It is our Progressive element that mimics "democratic" authoritarian regulators. Covid provided them with an opportunity to further acclimate us to unchecked, unlimited government.