View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
It is strange. The Washington Post seems to report information from witnesses and investigators, but I don't see where the newspaper made a statement about what the author's think happened. They really are the enemy of some people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-jacob-blake/

"Blake, who witnesses said had been trying to break up an argument between two women, was shot as he walked back toward his vehicle. In his written report, Graveley said Blake was armed with an open knife he was holding in his right hand. The report also says video footage showed Blake carrying a knife... Investigators had previously not specified whether officers saw Blake holding a knife, saying days after the shooting that he admitted having one “in his possession.” They did not say at the time whether Blake was holding it or whether the officers involved saw it. Investigators said they found a knife on the driver’s side floor of the vehicle.

According to Graveley’s report Tuesday, Blake told investigators that he dropped the knife near the vehicle and picked it up intending to put it in the car, because it was a gift he wanted to keep. In the report, Blake is quoted as saying his knife was closed and questioning: “Why would I pull a knife on a cop . . . that’s just stupid.”"
the Post said very explicitly, that he was unarmed.

Blake says he was not unarmed ( isn’t he in a good position to know whether or not he was armed?). there is video showing that he wasn’t unarmed.

Is this going too fast for you? the Post is still saying police shot an unarmed black man, when we know for 100% sure, that’s not what happened.

Why do YOU think the Post is doing this, if not for political reasons? What justifiable reason could there be, for being that demonstrably dishonest?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device