View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
like I said.....the most popular Republican.....with MSNBC hosts and the left....

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews rarely has kind words or praise for Republicans, but when he does, he gushes. During an interview with GOP presidential contender Jon Huntsman, the Hardball host disparaged the rest of the “crazy” Republican field while asserting the Utah Governor is the only one with his “feet on the ground.”

Matthews then thanked Huntsman profusely for his service as both a “great” governor and “fabulous” U.S. ambassador to China — and for being the “sane man in the Republican party.” He oozed:

“You know what I want to say to you? Thank you for your service. Thank you for your service, for being the sane man in the Republican Party. It reminds us there’s actually someone who has their feet on the ground.”

“Thank you. Very impressive, governor.

But that wasn’t enough. Matthews heaped even more praise on Huntsman, adding:

We all think we like you. We won‘t destroy you by saying you’re doing well, because that’ll probably kill you. Tell your friends to come over. We’d like to see some of them, too.”

I guess a flatline 2% in the Polls at this point is "doing well" according to Matthews...very impressive???....who is "crazy"???
Huntsman is exactly the kind who Matthews and the left media will gush over, promote as the candidate that should win the GOP nomination, then, like McCain, abandon him and vote for their own Democrat nominee in the general election, gleefully satisfied that the GOP was "reasonable" enough to put up a Democrat light to run against.