View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
Back Beach
Respect your elvers

Final thoughts

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this event to anyone. It's got so many elements to it they're impossible to enumerate. Look at the pics, talk to someone who's done it and I'm sure you'll hear all kinds of stuff. Some people got banged up real bad, but most complete the course (about 70% of all entrants) in 3-5 hours. We finished in just under 4 hours while the younger guys in our group did it in about 3. I feel great today with only a couple very minor abrasions on my left knee.

By no means do you need to be a super athlete, although it certainly helps with many of the obstacles from what I witnessed. I found all the squats, pull-ups, and body planks I do to be the best exercises to prepare yourself. Surprisingly, all the rock hopping along Narragansett, Cutty, and LC I've done in recent years was extremely helpful in terms of my foot placement and preventing some bad dumps. The "arctic enema" seemed to be universally difficult for everyone. The "electric eel" messed me up the most while all the hill climbing and dexterity obstacles came the easiest.

All told, I give the Tough Mudder 5 out of 5 stars. It #^&#^&#^&#^&ing ruled...

Almost forgot...If I was single again I'd attend every one of these things worldwide...hot single chicks galore
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	After party.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	51974  

Last edited by Back Beach; 05-07-2012 at 01:31 PM..

It's not the bait
At the end of your line
It's the fishing hole
Where all the fish is blind
Back Beach is offline   Reply With Quote