View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #4
goosechase
goosechase

I've been taking a statin (20mg) for the last 2-3years (I think) along with a high blood pressure med (20mg) for the last 4-5years. I don't think I have any side effects, that I can think of, but if I do I wouldn't know which med to blame. Here's the thing with the meds, if the doc tells you to take them you need to think very seriously about your lifestyle and if you're willing to do EVERYTHING it takes to lower your cholesterol (blood pressure) if you don't take them. I played the game for a while and my dr. called me out because nothing changed when I said I was "exercising" and "changed" my diet. Now, I take the meds, I changed my diet, and really do exercise and my numbers dropped big time. Bottom line, if you're completely committed to changing your lifestyle and won't eat a steak, have some BBQ, have some eggs for breakfast, or a couple of drinks now a and then and your new diet is kale and glutin free food then don't take the statin. Otherwise, work with your dr. and find the right balance.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
goosechase is offline   Reply With Quote