View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 12:13 PM   #2
Hookedagain

A lot has to do with the younger generation. Not all, but most don't give a rats a@%. Can't even get them to come in early for work...let alone be on time. I have been working with another company (Being subbed out by my boss) and one guy there is the most difficult guy I have ever worked with. He is around 28, been doing "Carpentry" for 2-3 years now. Consistently has a better way to do every task I give him. I task him with something along with very specific directions, I'll return to him an hour later and he did it his way. Very frustrating when the next step was dependent on what I told him to do. Now take it apart and please do it the way you were told....and I get an attitude. I do think you're right though, get in..get out..get paid. Seems to be the new normal. We are craftsman and these guys are just in it for the buck. They all want a raise because of the times we are living in but none want to take it to the next level. Lets not forget the fact that none of them have their own tools.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote