View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
In other words, you've got to start off presuming that she is telling the truth. You said exact words matter. I presume that in your world presuming is not believing--that they're two different words so they must mean different things.

But they do share a certain "essence." And the other Dems did actually use the exact word "believe." And they were presuming and believing that Kavanaugh was guilty before any investigation and seem to still presume/believe he is.

So in "essence" they believed her. And they were vociferous about their belief/presumption.

BTW--a small matter to you no doubt--but, ironically (I presume Biden knew this), that presuming business does actually apply to the accused, by law, not to the accuser. In America we say (or we used to say) that the accused is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, not that the accuser is presumed, in some essential way, to be right . The Dems certainly are affording Biden the benefit of that. They didn't, in essence, want to give Kavanaugh that benefit.
Kavanaugh was not investigated and his Yale classmates who could confirm the accusations were not interviewed.

Meanwhile Trump*s DNA sample is not obtainable
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin