View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 10:59 PM   #18
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally posted by schoolie monster
You can use your eyes and your eyes can tell you that Davie stinks. Backups or no, he would show something. The backup QB works thruout camp with the 2nd team so they should have some chemistry. If you read alot about the mini-camps and camp and preseason, its pretty interesting. I haven't watched alot, but I work with plenty of hardcore Pats fans who started off all happy about Davie.

After watching all the preseason games they have drawn the same conclusion... he stinks.

But most teams are in trouble when the starter goes down... especially a Brady who comes thru big time at the end. Try and be objective and tell me how many games they would have won last year with 95% of the QBs out there.

Miami, Denver (my team), Houston, Indy... the superbowl, the Tennessee game... those are just off the top of my head. He's a special player and to argue that Davie could even remotely fill his shoes is RIDICULOUS. He stinks... so does Danny Kannell, Denver's backup. Its part of life. There are only so many good QBs in the league.

Oakland is in decent shape... Collins has played pretty well at times. I'd take him off the bench in a heartbeat.

Of course, unless Gannon shows that he's healthy and at his age, can get his game back, they are gonna need Kerry. Gannon was struggling before he got hurt last year.

I'm glad to see that someone else on this board has some football knowledge besides myself!!!
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote