View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #10
Karl F

Long Story, but fight it.

My 19 year old got radared 45 in a 30.
My kid was pissed, I told him T.S., can't fight radar.
He is stubborn (where he got that, I have no clue )

He goes in, I tell him, just showing up, the magistrate will usually play "lets make a deal", and maybe half it, least thats what most folks have told me.

Kid goes in, see's the Magistrate, officer that wrote ticket is not there, Court Officer from the PD is, who happens to know my kid from the gym, (do not know if this helped or not).

Magistrate wants to hear what my kid has to say. Nick says he admits he was speeding, no arguement there, BUT, other kids he knows, goes to school with, have gotten radared on the same road, and gotten nothing more than verbal, or written warnings, Nick says he has been driving since 16, never even been pulled over before, been cited, or had an accident, drives a ton of miles, due to his work and sports schedule, felt he should have been given a warning. Also, there is one girl he knows, who gets pulled over once a week on the same stretch of road, she never even gets a written warning. (Now, here is where I woulda stopped, but, Nick's, his own dog)
Then he says, this girl who is very pretty and quite well endowed, is she cut some slack just for that, or what? He tells the magistrate, she is willing to come make a statement to back him up.
( Nick figures this should get the fine at least halved, or dropped to a warning)
The Magistrate asks Nick to step into the hall for a minute.
Calls him back in, "Nick, after talking with the Officer, we have decided to drop your ticket, clear you, no charge or warning. The Officer invovled was wrong for ticketing you." The Court Officer then apologized on behalf of the other officer!

So, it's definately worth a shot fighting the ticket!
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote