Thread: Your Dead
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #39
Sweetieface

Well, for me, having lost my best friend in the world almost 2 years ago, I have no choice but to believe in life after death. I did anyway, but I do moreso now.

I read an interesting book called "Embraced by the light" - one woman's near death experience. She explains that we actually all start out in Heaven, then are sent here for different experiences to learn different things to better live in Heaven. An interesting theory which she defends well, but I'm not sure as I agree 100%. (lack of pets in Heaven doesn't sit well with me)

Max Lucado is a great writer on such subjects, and his books are FULL of near death experience subjects and those who are about to die and what they see before they go.

My own Grandmother (who died when I was 5) was dying of cancer when she told my mother that she dreamt of a party, all those who had already passed away were there and they told her the party was scheduled for her for that Saturday. She told them that she liked Sunday's better, and she'd be there on Sunday. She was there on Sunday.

As for my own ideas of Heaven, I don't know if we look the same when we get there or if we can fly or do odd things, I just know it will be a constant feeling of happiness, like when the coolest thing in the world happens to you and you feel like you're on top of the world. I think you always have that feeling in Heaven.

I believe it DOES exist and we will see those we love there when we go. I've had enough dreams about Carl to know that he didn't just disappear from existance. I know it sounds corny, but I believe he's somewhere watching over me, (most likely laughing his butt off) and waiting for me. And yes, waiting for me to tear him a new one for fishing alone!!! :P

<Got Fish?>
Sweetieface is offline   Reply With Quote