View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
As for the black vote, why wouldn't the majority of the black population vote democratic? They want progress.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah. During the height of segregation, 30% of black babies were born out of wedlock. Today, under a black president, that figure is 72%. That's some progress, Nebe.

Nebe, look at the big urban areas in our country, heavy black populations, most controlled by Democrats. How many of those places are better off today than they were 25 years ago. Here in CT, I think of Bridgeport, New Haven, and Hartford. 35 years ago, those were nice places to vosit with a family (at least Hartford and New Haven were). Today, those places look more like Mogidishu than they look like the cities they were a generation ago.

That's progress?

What you call "progress", is actually a need for blacks to feed their addiction to entitlement, because liberal policies have rendered many of them unable to compete. It's like finding a wounded animal. The goal should be to nurse it back to health, and then let it fend for itself. Sometimes, the animal becomes too dependent on its enablers, and is then unable to fend for itself, so it must be kept in a sanctuary.

Republicans want to help boor people acquire the skills they need to succeed (and continue to help the few who truly can't provide for themselves). Liberals want to make hugfe numbers of poor people addicted to welfare, forever dependent on the feds to avoid starvation, in return for votes. That's not respect, and it sure as hell isn't progress.

And if you don't believe me, come to CT and take a stroll in Bridgeport or Hartford, and see for yourself all the progress that poor blacks have made at the hands of the bluest of liberals.