View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
isn't it fun when leftists talk about destroying our democracy and undermining our Constitution? ...I thought that's what they've been working toward all these years...they just don't want trump to get the credit
That's the nature of leftism of all sorts, including Progressivism. Leftist governments thrive on the notion of useful idiots.

It's amazing how the leftists on this forum so often avoid having a rational discussion. Their mode is to attack every opposition with a religious fervor. They believe they are fighting under the banner of truth. Everyone else is a liar or a fool . . . or a NAZI, or Putins's puppet, or a hater.

They will often attack posts on the basis of their source, without nary a discussion of their content. And they spend time on trashing the source with irrelevant or slanted or lying factoids.

Such as, in this thread: "In what world does it make sense to allow a fake news site run by a literal foreign cult that thinks the president is a tiny-fingered prophet ushering in the end times to spend unreported millions on their propaganda?"--The Falung Gong do not run the straight news political sector of ET. The only mention of Falung Gong in the news section is an occasional article of the CCP oppression of it. One might ask in what world does its make sense to allow a fake news site run by Progressive leftists (NYT, WAPO, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN)who promote the centralization of government run solely by those who it considers "experts" and spends their millions to oppose "conservative" values by printing Progressive propaganda. (Certainly not in a constitutional republic such as the U.S.)

Or this:"Falun Gong group's leaders "believe that Trump was sent by heaven to destroy the communist party." That may be interesting to some. Not to me. What does that have to do with the straight news reports by Epoch Times which are researched and written or delivered by Non Falun Gong, Christian or Jewish or atheist journalists? I don't know what the religious, if any, beliefs of the founders or supporters or management, journalists, employees of the NYT, WAPOST, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN are. What concerns me is "news" they report and the slant they put on it, or the news they don't report, or the actual lies and misinformation/disinformation they spout.

Or: "thats funny! to bad we could string together a montage of your You Tube videos .. because they clearly dont promote facts or follow any journalism ethics and standards of principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability..
they are actually people in their basements "

I don't recall any such video that I posted, nor any explanation how they were all that. Nor even any discussion of the content. Incredibly, the same ad hominem attacks were made on my sources who didn't operate out of their basements and actually were of the same political mind as wdmso and his partners in political smear.

They viciously attacked Glenn Greenwald who is a flaming Progressive who wants government to do the same thing this forum's left want. But he dared to say something against their own. I almost totally disagree with Greenwald on what government should "do" for us, but I respect his "journalism ethics and standards of principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability." In my opinion, he is politically wrong, but he is honest and willing to call out his own when he believes they are wrong. Even though they would probably agree with 95% of his commentary, for his transgression of saying something that disturbs their view of the world, the lefties had to take him down--not by debating his words, but by demeaning his person.

When I posted a video by Jimmy Dore, he and Greenwald were sarcastically mocked as to their "authority." Not only does Greenwald have as much authority as any other journalist that lefties rely on (probably more because he is more honest), but he and Dore (who has the authority of a big following--which likewise gives other commentators "authority") want the same government policies as the lefties here.

So the lefties here will not only try to trash a post by gratuitously attacking "conservative" sources, but Progressive sources as well if they somehow threaten their narrative--especially their anti-Trump narrative.

Killing the messenger is the authoritarian way of breeding useful idiots.