View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 11:29 AM   #83
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Since Media bias/Fact check is a legitimate source here’s more of what they had to say re ET

“Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks.“
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I don't consider fact check orgs to be legitimate. There may actually be some that are, but I've found the ones usually referred to, including Mediabias/Fact check, to be biased themselves.

As for your quote from Media Bias/Fact check re ET, you may have overlooked that I alluded to it in my posts--"Although it rates ET as questionable because some of its op-eds seem conspiratorial (I could say the same about CNN, and NYT), it claims, however, that The Epoch Times straight news reporting (which is what interests me) through the use of journalists and syndication through the Associated Press and Reuters . . . are well-sourced and reasonably low biased. However, when reporting on China they do reflect a strong anti-communism bias in general, but that straight news reporting is sourced and mostly low biased."

It is the "straight news" they publish that intrests me. The rest of their content doesn't. Opinion pieces and editorial comments of most if not all supposedly journalistic orgs are, in my opinion, biased. I take no stock in opinions expressed in NYT, WAPOST, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC and the host of most other media. Including no interest in their opinions on entertainment, fashion, horoscopes, crossword puzzles, culinary, and in their various pseudo-science and popular culture sections--with the possible exceptions of some sports commentary.

So, for me, I see ET as legitimate as any so-called mainstream news org.