View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 03:16 PM   #15
PaulS

During the latest segment of "Fox & Friends," Doocy weighed in with his take and pointed out one glaring detail that the rest of the panel strongly disagreed with. The panel opened their discussion with a clip of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) perpetuating unfounded claims about the Twitter files.

Doocy admitted that he was unsure of what Cruz was referring to as he noted the reports written by Substack journalist Matt Taibbi on Friday, December 2.

He also said that, “although several sources recalled hearing about a general warning from federal law enforcement that summer about possible foreign hacks, there’s no evidence that I have seen of any government influence in the laptop story. In fact, that might have been the problem.”

At one point during the discussion, Doocy emphasized that Taibbi also noted that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) did not get involved which might insinuate that the claims are not as egregious as the far-right has perpetuated.

“So, according to the guy who Elon Musk gave all the secrets to, he said I don’t see federal law enforcement involved in the laptop story at all,” Doocy included.

Doocy's remarks stem from the infamous Twitter files that were released on Friday, December 2.

According to Mediaite: "Matt Taibbi posted a Twitter thread that was presented by Elon Musk as clear evidence of a First Amendment violation by the federal government. While many were quick to call it a bombshell, it was more of a dud, as I wrote Saturday morning."

The release has been widely dismissed by many who described the so-called Twitter files as underwhelming.