View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 07:57 AM   #75
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
they should refuse to leave and call it CHAZ....or CHOP....still mostly peaceful by leftist standards
I dunno. The second Capital to be overrun in the past year is arguably less violent than the previous Capitol overrun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

True. We can fix Trump. We can't fix the Dems willingness to rewrite everything in order to consolidate power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Peaceful protest is our right, beyond that you are just a thug and criminal. Doesn’t mean that there seems to be two different types of response based on the movement, unless you have blinders on.
FTR - I despise what happened in the Capital this week. But middle finger to everyone that thought it was OK to break some eggs to make the omelette over the past 7 months now getting their panties in a bunch.

For months I sat here saying peaceful protest was fine but the arson, rioting, mob destruction of public and private property and the mob's removal of statues and incitement of violence. All of you NOW with your panties in a bunch really need to do some soul searching. I really do want to be more harsh in my response on this.

For months mobs of people have been protesting (with some legit reasons) and a sizeable number of people have been encouraged to go beyond and loot burn and destruct - then have celebs and politicians bail them out and defund Law Enforcement. Where was Nancy and AOC calling out for David Dorn's justice?

People have been watching for 7 months that it was OK to riot and loot - well they hardly looted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump’s actions perfectly fit the legal definition of sedition: conspiring “by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof.”

And he is not the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
There's no Einsteins here on either side of the aisle
"There are Einsteins"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: