View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 05:47 PM   #204
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view, If he is so good, so successful at positive changes (I’m not in agreement on much), your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. Oh wait he was such a failure at handling this pandemic and continues the irresponsible messaging responsible for putting more Americans at risk, I guess it would seem the American voting public might not see this administration as a success. The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate.
"Your Trump successes are from a certain point of view"

That's how it usually works, yes. But since a record 56% of pople say they are better off now than 4 years ago (that's a record who said yes to that), it seems that I'm not exactly the only one who feels that way. We can evaluate him as we see fit and vote accordingly, as it should be. I was responding to your inane comment that Republicans shouldn't be supporting him because of his manners. If you agree with the republican platform, you have to give the guy at least a B+. Adding to the debt is a big, big negative.

Is it only a certain point of view that would say he routed ISIS?

"your guy should be winning this election by huge margins. "

If the election was a year ago, he probably would have.

"he was such a failure at handling this pandemic"

That's the non-stop spin. I don't happen to buy into it being all his fault, but I'm guessing a lot of people believe it is his fault, and he gets creamed as a result. That's my guess.

"The irony is that if he wasn’t so fu*cking stupid at handling this pandemic he might have actually easily won a second term. Please don’t fall back on your staple travel ban argument, it just makes you look stupid and desperate"

I'm not stupid or desperate. I'm smart and more than prepared for him to lose big. You guys are the ones that can't concede ANYTHING that goes against your agenda, which obviously makes you the desperate ones.

What should he have done, back in December, based on what we knew then. What were the democrats calling for?

You're misrepresenting my stance on the travel ban. I'm not saying it helped or it didn't. WHat I'm saying, because its tue, is that when he implemented the ban, prominent democrats said it was an overreaction. Biden called it "hysterical" and "xenophobic". This means that Biden would have done LESS, not more.

Since that's obviously true (Biden would have done less), how would anyone conclude the death toll would be lower if Biden was POTUS? I'm asking a sincere question. Will you answer it as I asked it?

Also, if he could tone down the tweets and baby rhetoric, he'd also be looking at a likely second term. But he can't, he just can't refrain from being such a jerk.

But his results, from a republican view, were really good.