View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #18
NIB

Geo,Thanks for the breakdown.I hope folks realize how much information is in that post..Builders and non builders could use to gain so much by understanding the basic's on how plugs work.Then again it might be to much info for some..
Tony Spina at Lex used to tail weight a lot of his designs.They where dogs on our flat water.When you had a little wind or white water they would shine.He made quite a few and different little 2 hook designs. I used to add a belly weight to some of em to stabilize em.They used to be some of my favorite plugs..Hahn also makes a little swimmer.Mine are from the old runs..They too had the two hook design but he used a little cupped blade.with no weight if I remember right.They worked good when flat.
Them little plugs cast amazingly well especially when tail weighted.Your going to fool some good fish wit em.Whether or not you can land em on 1/0's will be the fun part.I can recall one about 25 lbs standing on his tail and spitting one back at me one day before sunrise..Hooks where chewed up like a pretzel..I enjoyed the show most of all.You catch thousands of fish ,the details all meld into one..I can still see that fish laughin at me..
Skippy uses them owners on his plugs not.They won't bend,they might pull out, they are heavier.Something to look into..

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote