View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 03:39 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Sure if your definition of the world community is totalitarian governments that want the guy who loved them back.
It’s like asking why didn't Putin invade Ukraine under Trump? Because the criminal doesn't mug the old lady when he's got her on the verge of signing her entire estate over to him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, I didn't hear anyone say that Biden would improve our standing, except among OPEC. People like you said the world would like us more. If the countries that like us more are the ones not in a position to help us, I'm not sure what that's worth.

Obama got elected, because the subprime mortgage crisis happened on Bush's watch. It wasn't Bush's fault obviously, Bush didn't tell people to buy more homes than they could afford, Bush didn't tell banks to bundle crappy mortgages into fishy investments. But it happened on his watch, and every democrat in the country said it was his fault. And it worked.

Biden similarly owns inflation, gas prices, stock market correction, border mess, surging crime. None of those things are entirely his fault, some are probably very very little his doing. But they are all his problem, as the subprime mortgage crisis was Bush's.

Politics is a rough sport.

What the left has, is Trump and abortion, and some laughably weak GOP candidates like Herschel Walker. And very low unemployment. And those are valuable things to have. But probably not enough to prevent the GOP from taking the house by a handful of seats, the senate probably isn't going to move more than a set or 2 in either direction. Who knows what happens at the state level, where the GOP has had a majority for a few years.

But after what happened on Wall Street today, I feel like I know less than nothing.