Thread: New Home Sales
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 05:00 AM   #118
Rmarsh

Customers in general have no idea the amount of overhead a legitimate construction business has to absorb before a single dollar of profit is to be made. For instance....just truck and tool expenses can add up quick and thats just the beginning. I just had a set of new tires put on my heavily used work truck and a few other minor repairs......bill was over $2,000...and thats just minor stuff....eventually that truck will be junk and will have to be replaced. Tools also break or wear out and are a constant expense.
Dont forget all the taxes, insurances, fees, permits, licences and employee expenses Where is all that money supposed to come from...my paycheck?

Most think labor + materials = price. Try running a business that way and you wont stay afloat for very long....and if they think you are trying to make a profit on their project they are offended or asking for a break or extra work thrown in. You will be bidding on jobs where customers are getting prices from fly by night hackers.... be ready to be told that you were the highest price...and they will ask you to lower it to match the other guys. F'that.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote