View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 10:20 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Neither of my kids live at home. Last election we received mail in ballots for them in the mail, twice. What was to stop me from filling them out and mailing them back? They both voted in person in their respective locations too. Knowing people, the honor system isn’t 100% effective
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bingo...

I'm willing to bet that if Pete was in your shoes, he might not have thrown them in the garbage...after writing in Hugo Chavez as his preferred candidate.

their are tons of people on both sides who will do anything to stay in power. So if there are obviously simple ways to make it harder to cheat, why oppose them?

To me, opposing voter id is like opposing drug tests. I'm pretty sure i know what you're trying to hide, it's not hard to figure it out...

Saying voter id is racist, takes the dishonesty to a whole new level.

If you put some problem-solvers in a room who cared nothing about politics, and asked them how to ensure honest elections, the first thing every one of them would say, is "in-person voting with voter id". What else comes close to guaranteeing honest results? Nothing else even comes close.