Thread: New toy
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #3
Rockfish9

Now that I've made a few batches with it, i can give a good review, first off, it took a fair amount of assembly and a little "mcgivering " to get it to work on my chiller and inkbird controller the way I wanted, to obtain both heating and cooling, had i gone all in with their system for heating and cooling, it would have been a breeze, but i wasn't about to dish out another $300 for misc. add on's, cleaning is a little harder( more involved) than the Grainfather, due to the internal cooling coil, but as far as the butterfly valves go, they are a breeze, and if I fill the unit with PBW and let it sit overnight, everything rinses clean...no scrubbing.
I like it better than the Grainfather, I'm on my second controller for the grainfather and the way they attach it is prone to problems, i siliconed the last one in place..
My last batch in the Brewtech was an Imperial IPA, which I dry hopped 4 ounces of hops right in the fermenter, the large butterfly valve made dumping the spent hops a joy...I could never do that with the grainfather, it would have clogged and i would have had to siphon the beer into the bottleing bucket ..

I give it an A plus... I have an Imperial stout fermenting in it now.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote