Thread: Boat Project
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 12:04 AM   #14
Linesider82

I suppose I should update my progress here and stop hijacking Wayne's "Radar is a Go!" thread which can be read here http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...ad.php?t=97143

Sorry Wayne, I forgot I even started this thread.

Update 1: The console is still not in my boat and I am glad I did not do that first, instead it has been in my garage over the winter months where I can work on it with lights and occasionally electric heating if I wasn't tired from an occasional ice fishing trip.

Here's why, the "new" doghouse/cc pilothouse console was previously in 1 or 2 boats and has experienced overlays etc, nicely done artistic work for fit and finish. As nice as that might be, we all know a clean slate is the best starting point, and this was not a clean slate for my own switches, gauges, etc.

I ordered panels for it to essentially cover it up and tried my best to place the hidden stud screws in locations where I could get to and hold the panels down but the materials, terrible access and room from behind cost me many many hours of dremel work to cut pockets for washers, nuts, and tooling to secure the panels, which brought me to mid - february.
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote