View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #228
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think so. Trump would have had the pick to replace Bryer and we wouldn't have the radical Progressive that Biden picked, and if for some reason Clarence Thomas is gone before the 2024 election Biden will get to pick another radical Progressive to replace him. And the border wall would be finished if Trump had won, as well our illegal immigration policies would not have been weakened, probably strengthened. And his corporate tax policies would have strengthened our economy along with more assurance that his China tariff policy would not be weakened. The Keystone pipeline project would not have been stopped and probably more federal land would be opened for drilling.

Among many other things.

But if you're saying that the Dems will F up stuff so badly that it will hurt them to the benefit of the Repubs for the next couple of election cycles . . . maybe. But the SCOTUS situation concerns me more.
i’m not sure Bryer would have voluntarily retired with trump
in office. his replacement doesn’t change the makeup of the court. the collective IQ of SCOTUS will decrease for sure, but it won’t change the ideological makeup. she’ll vote the same way he would have, on just about everything.

But yes i’m saying the backlash against numerous catastrophic progressive policies could
put the gop in a better position than they’d be in, had trump won but had to deal with democrats controlling congress.

same with obama. when he left in 2016 the democrats held fewer elected offices in the US than at any time since Civil War construction, and that’s a fact. nobody talks about it, but that’s what happened.

2022 and 2024 could be worse for the left, because the democrats currently are a million miles to the left of where obama was.

you’re spot on concerning all judicial appointments, not just SCOTUS.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device