View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 01:12 PM   #83
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"100s of K of higher salaries. Look at the median salaries by states"

You're assuming that salary is due to the state.Never claimed that once. I can destroy that, by saying, correctly, that huge numbers of people move from CT to cheaper states and keep their same salaries. The CT state government doesn't set median salary in the state.Never claimed that either

"And If I was a cons. the last thing I would want to discuss is any stats showing how bad the conser. states are."

Hollis and Brookline (in NH) are bad? Franklin TN is bad? The suburbs of Charlotte (like Fort Mill, SC) are bad?Never claimed they were. But as an actuary you should be looking at the credible #s (state wide), not outliers.

WDMSO posted a link that said FL had the hottest real estate price growth in the nation. That cannot happen in a bad state.

Rich people from CT who move to FL, don't turn into swamp hillbillies. The state government doesn't influence that. People decide that for themselves.

"Look at the median salaries."

My salary would stay the same. Other people's salary is their concern.Yes, exactly. Only concerned with yourself.
The cons. way. Better for you so who cares about the rest.

"Taxes are only one aspect."

True. Red states also offer cheaper college, utilities, food, gas, etc. And even if you live in a place with crappy schools (which you don't have to), you can use your tax savings to go to catholic school. Again, you ignore median salary stats. while stating I make things up. LOL

I posted a study from US News and World Report. The public high schools in Franklin TN and Hollis NH were ranked way higher than the public high school in Southington CT where I live. Way, way higher. could be. But again as an actuary you should be looking at the credible #s (state wide), not outliers (cities w/in states).

What I can get in some red states - Same exact salary, lower taxes, better schools.
Point out a few outliers in a set and claim that (or try to) is indicative of the whole set. LOL.