View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 06:00 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I was holding out hope because they were playing well before the All-Star break, but it was false hope. They are a lifeless group that just seems to be going through the motions of collecting a paycheck.

I don't blame Farrell for this mess....this is clearly on Cherington, he gave him nothing to really work with. I honestly didn't expect much when the season started looking at this group on paper. 5 number 4/5 starters and nobody in the line-up that really strikes fear in you (just look at the Angels, Trout/Pujols).

Porcello and Sandoval have been complete wastes.....Porcello is getting paid "Staff Ace" money and putting up "Garbage Inning Reliever" numbers. Sandoval cant make a friggin clean throw to first.

There have been a couple of Bright spots at least...

Bogaerts looks to be coming into his own and has been solid at the plate and at Short.

Holt has been a god send to plug in basically anywhere....and he seems to have a knack of being involved when something good is happening.

Betts seems to be adjusting to Major League play and will hopefully take a big step next year, like Bogaerts did this year.

And Miley has been decent for a true number 5 starter....keeps them in games and at a rock-bottom price.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote