View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 05:00 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Health rankings:

Look at Conn, Mass, FL and the conservative utopia of Tenn.

https://www.americashealthrankings.o...-annual-report

Kaiser foundation has other interesting stats also. Tells a similar story.
i want aware that the state determined health. Paul, if you moved to FL, how exactly would the state make you fat, stupid, and poor?

i immediately concede that there are cultural things in the south that are unhealthy, unproductive, and very unattractive. Those are choices people make, they aren’t decided by state government dictates

i wouldn’t want to live in Bridgeport, neither would you. We don’t blame governor lamont for that, nor does he deserve much credit for the fact that Fairfield County is in CT. That’s the luck of having beautiful coastline near the financial center of the globe.

when new engländers move to FL, they take their values with them. They don’t all quit school
and eat fried twinkies all
day and live in trailers.

Put it this way. there are some very nice suburbs in NH with an amazing quality of life. They enjoy zero state income tax and no state sales tax.

Please Paul, point me to the nice suburbs in CT which have zero state income tax and zero state sales tax.

I’m not saying every single city in the south is a nice place to live. I’m saying the south has some nice places to live that are very cheap in terms of taxes. I don’t know of a nice suburb in a blue state which you could say the same thing about. Do you?

it appears to me, that if you took all the nice suburbs with a good quality of life for families which also have very low taxes, virtually all of them are in red states.

That’s what people want. the migration data makes that clear, doesn’t it?

If i were getting my money’s worth for the extra taxes i pay that would be different. i don’t get anything that i see, that i wouldn’t get in a nice NH suburb.