View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 03:18 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Kinda like In Fla the no Gay bill being sold as protection of children
will prohibit primary school teachers from classroom instruction related to sexual orientation and gender identity,

which is not happening! i repeat not happening anywhere in FLA or the Nation just like CRT imagine that... or banning trans from girl sports suggesting its a rampant problem

Id like to Ask Ron why is this law needed NOW? Seeing Republicans Have controlled the Governorship . and the Senate and House in the state since 1999... are they suggesting the state board of education is complicit and has allowed and encouraged this outrage the Ron needed to Correct ?? it's just an election Stunt and the Base is taking it hook line and sinker
"In Fla the no Gay bill"

Obviously you haven't read it. The bill doesn't have the word gay or homosexual in it. The bill forbids talking about sexuality of any kind (including heterosexuality, also banned) from grades K-3.

Is that really so outrageous? I was 4 when I started kindergarten.

You want 4 year-olds to be subjected to discussions on sexuality in school? That's important to you?

Why do you call it the no gay bill, if it also bans discussion of heterosexuality?

"which is not happening! i repeat not happening anywhere in FLA or the Nation"

Demonstrably, 100% lie. The last year that my kids were in public school, the town forced kids to watch a video about homosexuality, it showed two young boys making out (not a cartoon, it was real). The video (which parents were not notified about ahead of time), encouraged students to start and/or join gay advocacy groups.

If you google "teachers sexuality elementary school", you'll see as many examples as you like.

I can't imagine from where you got the idea that sexuality isn't being pushed in some elementary schools.

And the bill does nothing, absolutely nothing, to discriminate against gays.

I got fooled my reading false news not long ago, I was fooled into thinking that Bidens SCOTUS nominee ruled as a judge that pro lifers couldn't march. You told me I was wrong, and you were right, I was wrong. You are similarly wrong here. Let's see if you can admit it.

"just like CRT"

Again,. wrong. Irrefutable that kids were taught things like the notion that being born white bestows one with guilt or culpability. Whether it's called "CRT" anywhere, is irrelevant. It's teaching CRT.

"why is this law needed NOW?"

One of the very few benefits to covid, is that when kids were home for 18 months, and parents were also home, is that MANY parents saw for the first time, what's being taught in their schools. This issue has a heightened awareness right now. The left is losing its marbles right now. And obviously, he's playing to his base, politics is part of it obviously.

Not a good post for you, chock full of demonstrable falsehoods.

Did you answer my question, whats
the harm of universal id laws?

wayne,?if there’s no voter fraud then there’s no reason to not support voter id laws, i less it’s harder for blacks to get ids, which we know isn’t the case.

if sexuality is never discussed in any elementary school, then there’s no reason to oppose Desantis’ law, because it wouldn’t change anything.

And if CRT isn’t being taught, there’s no reason to oppose laws banning it, because again, he law wouldn’t change a thing.

there’s a reason why people
oppose such things.

these are huge losing issues for your side. don’t you understand that the whole
country isn’t like San Francisco?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-30-2022 at 03:44 PM..